Tuesday 18 November 2008

Default language

Makes me chuckle how English is the default language. Everyone when they appraoch you, doesn't matter where they are from will address you in English. I have had several people greet me and I have greeted several people with English, I guess we rule the world when it comes to accepted business language.

Shame English humour isn't the default, I don't think the waitress saw the funny side at lunch when she asked me "what course are you from sir" and I replied "the international Volleyball coaching". She simply wanted to make sure I was sitting in the right place but after my attempt at making her laugh she looked like she wanted to punch me in the neck!

1 comment:

Martin said...

You're right, she didn't see the funny side.

Plus you're too short for volleyball anyway.